In summer, the number of car rentals always increases very significantly and more in Spain, a country that receives millions and millions of tourists in their cities. Alicante, Malaga or Palma de Mallorca, among others, see how its population increases and how its beaches fill with tourists looking for good weather and a rich cuisine.
If you feel identified with this description, it is because you must have already planned your holidays somewhere in Spain, with a rental car included to move freely or thinking of renting one. If so, you should know what documents are necessary to rent a car in Spain and avoid surprises.
In Wiber, as experts in the holiday car rental sector, we bring you a compilation of the documents needed to rent a car in Spain and a series of tips to help you make the rental process as fast, easy and transparent as possible. Keep reading and take good note of all that is essential to rent a car in Spain without any problem.
SO, WHAT DO YOU NEED WITH YOU BEFORE RENTING A CAR IN SPAIN?
1. The driving license must be valid and must be one year old. Remember that the driving license must be written in the Western alphabet or, otherwise, the sworn translation of it or an international driving license must be presented.
2. Another essential document is an identification document: the passport or NIE (tax identification number in Spain)
3. A credit or debit card with the balance necessary to cover the price of the rental or, in case of not taken the full coverage, the excess fee that is requested when renting the car. The owner of the card must be present at the time of pick up/ payment.
Remember that the excess fee can be avoided if you hire our “All Inclusive” rate, since it is provided with a ‘Top Cover’ fully-comprehensive insurance, that covers any damage to the vehicle and includes towing service and roadside assistance. The best way to enjoy a stress-free holiday.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT WHEN RENTING A CAR IN SPAIN
The three points above are requirements that you must meet to rent a car in Spain but there is another aspect to consider before carrying out the holiday car rental:
1. The age of the driver. Although in Spain it is legal to drive after 18 years of age, the minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old, with at least 1-year of driving experience. Drivers aged between 21 and 24 will have to pay a surcharge of 6,00€/per day, maximum 85 €/ per car hire.
ADVICE BEFORE RENTING A CAR IN SPAIN
Once you have made sure that you have all the documents in order and that you meet the requirements to rent a car in Spain, we give you a few tips to make the experience as great as possible.
1. Take your time. Think about which rate of the two we offer (Full / Full or All Inclusive) best fits your needs and remember: what you see is what you get! Forget about extra charges or unwelcomed surprises with us.
2. Make sure all your documents are in order. Before renting the car, check that both your driving license and your ID or passport are valid and that the credit card has sufficient funds.
3. Read the company policy carefully. Before renting the car, it is important that you know well all the requirements that are required to proceed with the rental and thus avoid any surprise. In fact, at Wiber we want to surprise you but always for the better. We are a new type of rent a car company that guarantees transparency, simplicity and above all, clear conditions combined with a high level of customer care.
4. Read the contract. Once you have pick up your vehicle, read the contract carefully and do not hesitate to ask everything you do not understand.
5. Check the vehicle. Before starting the car, check that everything is fine in the vehicle. In line with our transparency policy, we only offer the “Full to Full” fuel policy, the best option to avoid problems and to have better control of fuel costs. Forget about the “Full to Empty” policy!
At Wiber, we have opted to show our clients clear, easy and 100% transparent rental conditions so that the high level of dissatisfaction experienced by customers in the tourist rent a car market in Spain can be a thing of the past. With us you will not find extra charges or small print: what you see is what you get! We are a new concept of car rental, yes, with extensive experience in the sector and, above all, with great enthusiasm for doing things well.
If you still have questions about Wiber Rent a Car, have a look at our FAQ and you will see it clear: Wiber is easier, smarter, better!